Scene 1: Pursued by the Dominion

An area for Play-by-Post adventures set in the Sea of Stars

Scene 1: Pursued by the Dominion

Postby rlyeh on 17th Aug, 10, 11:25

Dropping out of the clouds to get a better look around, the crew found that they had not lost their pursuer, the sleek dark gray of the Dominion corvette may have even gained on them. The corvette's black and red pennants snapping as its well trained crew adjusted its sails to increase speed. A stray ray of sunlight flashed off of the telescope used by the officer on the bow of the corvette to observe our heroes.

Situation: Pursuit by the unfriendly Dominion navy. Why? You decide.

Scene Aspects: Approaching Storm
Your Host

Current Avatar by Eventide, AllAvatars.
rlyeh
Site Admin

Re: Scene 1: Pursued by the Dominion

Postby nemloen on 17th Aug, 10, 14:59

Time to change the leech-water.

In the Heilungzimmer deep in the bowels of the Selyuime, Zekkerin Hohlevatergeisterspieler carefully fishes the last leeches out of the tank and places them in the temporary holding basin, humming the tune to an old Dachsverwandte leeching song in his growly baritone. The muscles ripple beneath his striped fur as he hoists the bucket of fresh water and pours it into the Blutegeltank. About to replace the first leeches in their refreshed home, he notices a tiny change in the vibrations on the surface of the water, and pauses, holding absolutely still, sniffing the air, which has also changed imperceptibly (to a human).

Dumping the leeches unceremoniously into the Blutegeltank, Zek slings his Weissbalsamkist around his back, checks to make sure his Hohlevaterkodex is secure in its pouch, grabs his Eizenholzschlagstock, and trundles up the stairs to the deck to see what's amiss.
nemloen

Postby tryeal on 17th Aug, 10, 17:35

From the helm you hear Daimian Diamond the Dwarf talking by himself: "I know I know! I see them too. Don't worry sweety, I'll have them off your tail soon enough."

And then louder down to the crew: "What in the stars did you all pick up back on Tiphon? It must be hotter than a dragon's kiss the way these boys are stuck on my ass. Wait, don't tell me, her gold wasn't good enough, you had to have her crown as well? Or did Zekk talk one of them into that. . . wait a second, oh crap. Uh guys? I think we might have a problem up here. Looks like a Tal'Dashar Cloud up ahead. Or maybe. . . Never mind guys, I have a plan!"
tryeal

Postby Miegael on 19th Aug, 10, 13:10

Standing at the port railing, peering out at the distant blot of the pursuing ship, Rayle Masterson grips the wood in his meaty hands. "Captain, she's a warship from stem to stern. I don't fancy our chances going toe to toe with a beast like that. We kin try, but I fig'red the most we'd do is tickle er chin before she ate us up. Though it tastes like weak old ale in my mouth, I'd not like to tangle with her in a straight up fight. If Damian hear can't coax more speed, we'll have to stand by and parlay. The blighters." So saying, he heads to the main deck to ready the ballista. Just in case.
Miegael

Postby Patertron on 19th Aug, 10, 14:13

"Chasing is one thing, watching is another. As I cannot help to outrun the big ship, I am thinking that I might try to do something for the little voyeur with his shiny glass...

I have changed my mind! I will be salting that batch of dire-geese instead of stuffing them. Tonight we dine on Steak! And by tonight, I mean... Now."

So saying, Thag retreats below decks, by the aft hatch. He is obviously headed towards his portion of the cargo stalls. A series of thumps and low, urgent bellows are soon heard. Thag re-emerges with a cauldron under one arm, and a large Calf under the other. His signature kitchen knife is evident at his belt, and he pauses a moment before picking a spot of decking with optimal visibility and lighting.

"I do so love a good bit of Theatre... And Steak." He bares his teeth in the direction of the pursuers, and sets to work putting on a Show.
Patertron

Postby rlyeh on 25th Aug, 10, 18:24

The corvette dives to gain speed, angling to cross below and to the port. Two ballista on the corvette's deck are angled up for such an attack from below.
Your Host

Current Avatar by Eventide, AllAvatars.
rlyeh
Site Admin

Postby Miegael on 25th Aug, 10, 22:57

From the aft most ballista: Cap'n, with yer permission, I'd like to give our friends there something to think about. I fig'r diplomacy just may be out. Besides, they've given us a clear view o' the deck! Masterson grins with feral glee.
Miegael

Postby forvrin on 26th Aug, 10, 16:19

From the prow of the ship, Falon smiles into the teeth of the oncoming storm. "Belay that Ballista! Reload with thorn shot and steer us back into the storm!" His eyes dance with a mad glee, running lithely along the edge of the ship towards the back, where he claps Masterson on the back and raises his other hand, holding up a heavily laden pouch.

"If thou wisht for this baubel, foul cur, thou must yet brave the loving arms of the Queen of Storms. Her corpse may moulder forgotton on a battlefield, but her wrath is just as great!"

He then turns, to his crew. "Its the Sharp Knife or the Sharper Wind, boyos. I for one wouldst like to kiss a Queen than grovel before an Abomination. Take us into the storm!"
forvrin

Postby Patertron on 30th Aug, 10, 18:17

Thag grunts, as he wrestles a grisly cargo into the cauldron braced at his feet. Tucking away his Kitchen Knife for the moment, he pauses to wave a contorted hand over the mess, muttering:

"Yagga's Stews are Life to Me,
Yagga's Stews are Death to You -
Only Friends Eat Yagga's Stew."

With that, he kicks the cauldron into a skid towards the nearest loaded ballista, before turning his attention to the calf dangling from his raised right fist.

"Add some dressing to the little message, eh? Nothing like offal to loosen the guts before battle! Just like in the stories. But don't worry, fellow travelers - I have saved the good bits for later. Now... to get ready."

So saying, he sets about the forequarters of the carcass, deftly slashing at the sinews and thicker muscles of the shoulders. If the pursuing captain is were to watch closely, he would see more than one morsel find its way to Thag's grinning mouth. There is, as intended, quite a bit of blood on the Giant.
Patertron

Postby tryeal on 30th Aug, 10, 22:55

"Don't worry cap'n, way ahead of ya. I rarely understand your fancy pants talk, but I'm pretty sure you're thinking the same thing I'm thinking." Daimian chuckles as he pushes the ship to it's limit, throwing it towards the heart of the storm.
tryeal

Next

Return to Venturing Upon the Sea of Stars